Our COVID-19 Measures
The health and well-being of our staff and customers is always our number one priority.
We remain open, and as such we are taking this very seriously and have implemented a number of measures to protect everyone.
- Payment can be made via a link sent to your mobile or laptop via text or email - No need to touch anything! (No cash being accepted)
- We do still have the pin pad in reception for normal card payments - this is cleaned for every use.
- The reception has a perspex screen to protect staff and customers (See picture below)
- There will be no waiting area - Reception is 1 in 1 out at all times
- The reception will have antibacterial cleaning fluid and wipes available for customers to use
- Keys will be sanitised on hand over in and out - Customers are asked to ONLY hand in their car key - No extra key's or keyrings
- All technicians must wear gloves at all times when entering vehicles and a fresh pair of gloves will be used for every new vehicle
- All vehicles to have all touch points sanitised before returning to customer
- All public areas will be wiped down regularly throughout the day with surgical spirit
We hope you are reassured by these measures and apologise in advance if we seem busier than usual whilst we undertake these tasks. We fully intend to stay open throughout the whole of the outbreak and will continue business as usual as far as possible.
For those of you in high risk categories please feel free to call us on;
01726 71710 and we will try to find alternative means to cater for you such as collecting your car, again payments can be done on the phone or via a link and there is no need for contact we can call when we are outside and you can leave the keys on your door step. And we will clean them with surgical spirit when delivering the vehicle back.
COVID-19, 6-Month MOT extension information:
If your MOT was due on or since the 30th March you will be granted a 6 month MOT extension
i.e. A 5th of April MOT Will now be due 5th October
Whilst this is useful in the short term there are some things to take in to consideration
- Based on last years figures we would normally expect around 160 MOT's in October - This year with the 6 month extension we are expecting 280 and this could be up to 340.
- With this in mind it would be prudent for customers to book in before their 6 month extension expires to avoid the bottle neck as we will have repairs on these extra MOT's on top of our normal work load.
- Also customers are reminded that whilst they are granted a 6 month extension - it does NOT mean their car does not require any attention - You are still required by law to keep your car in roadworthy condition, both for legal and insurance purposes.
We are open - as per the official Exceptions list from government:
If you wish to check out the details for yourself they can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/further-businesses-and-premises-to-close